Dedicated to the One I Love

We have been together now
for Oh, so long.
Has it been twenty years
that my love has burned strong?


During life’s joy, pain and cruel dark days,
when I need you,
you sustain me,
and remain an arm’s reach away.



I tried to “quit you” many times,
Of that, we both know.
Telling you, you were wrong for me,
but over and over, I never let go.



The bare truth is I ache for you,
and suffer the void when you’re gone.
Dreaming of your return,
that always arrives with the dawn.



Even now I can see clearly
your light-creamy hue,
and the surge of feeling again,
that my love is brand-new.



From your sugar-sweet taste
hidden deep within,
you return warm and inviting;
I can’t wait to begin.



How many ways I’ve had you
I can’t begin to number.
But your many scents and sensations
shake me out of my slumber.



In my bed - in the car,
Or every room where I live,
these places and more,
you have had so much to give.



You have belonged to others,
It’s a truth I can’t deny.
And surely those in your future
will - as well - turn a blind eye.



But I accept you as you are,
How else could it be?
For the joy you give me,
is in no mere cup of tea.



Just you Coffee,
 there is none other above.
For you - these words and thoughts,
are dedicated with Love.
         

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, at some point there is no point in fighting the "real deal" :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlyn keep reading. I just might try to pull a fast one again:)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I'll Never Understand - Part 3

Me Fail English? That's Unpossible!

An Authentic Life