My Unforgotten Mate

I don't know how I got here.
I'm not supposed to be alone.
Oh where did my companion go,
leaving me adrift to wail and moan?

From that first glance you were beside me.
Inseparable soles, striding side by side.
Two halves of one perfect whole,
we would never be denied.

But cast me off you did,
No farewell or reason why.
Left to lie here prone,
pity's gaze from each passerby.

With timeless days to mock me,
I wonder at your fate.
Cry and curse you under starlight,
my unforgotten mate.

You've damned me to an eternity,
where I feel each season's sting.
Bitter cold, bitter rain, bitter heat,
pain anew from me they wring.

You can't be happy without me.
How could you - we were a pair!
Why commit mutual suicide,
savagely fill me with despair?!

But still I'd forgive you yet,
if you just take me back once more.
Because with you I had a purpose,
it's your absence I deplore.

Wait til then I surely will,
With a faith that's never slowed.
Until that sweet return dear friend,
I'm your steadfast One Shoe in the Road.
It's about a shoe people. A shoe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I'll Never Understand - Part 3

Me Fail English? That's Unpossible!

Simple Pleasures Technology Can't Touch