Answers in the Air

Halfway through and halfway there
Questions flood my swirling mind;
Unknown answers in the air,
Out of reach and unaware
Of the peace I long to find.

Is there more I cannot say
After ash and dust return;
Will there dawn an endless day?
Some grand bargain to parlay,
Weighed against eternal burn.

Faith in an End I know not
 Is elusive, troubling still;
Soothing waters I have sought,
Clash with insight so hard fought
From the practice of free will.

 Envy those with sure belief
Full of reverence and awe;
Certainty - a sweet relief,
All doubts dashed upon a reef,
Defeating death's waiting maw.

Halfway through and halfway there,
Striding, pushing toward one goal;
Ever searching ev'rywhere,
Seeking answers to a prayer,
Do I have an endless soul?

Comments

  1. Impressive use of words and thought. My love of poems is that they mean what the reader perceives not necessarily what the write was writing about... I wonder, what was Eric thinking????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I answer that would contradict the reason you love poems :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I'll Never Understand - Part 3

Me Fail English? That's Unpossible!

An Authentic Life